Over the years I have learned the importance of the morning routine. It sets you up for the whole day. I have also learned that most people have horrible morning routines and it is holding them back from reaching their fit goals.
So here is what I do everyday without fail, and why. You'll want to take notes.
I drink about 16 ounces of water as soon as I wake up. You get dehydrated during sleep so this replenishes your body and insides with much needed H2o and lubrication.
I make my morning shake soon after waking. This not only gets me out of being catabolic but it jump starts my metabolism for the day, and deliveries tons of essential nutrients to my starving body. Lets dive into this magic drink:
- Ideally, you want all of your meals to contain protein, carbs, and fats. Diving into that further, you want a clean, easy digesting protein, low glycemic carbs, and unsaturated fats. You also want a form of greens for the fiber and vitamins. If you can add a form of antioxidant like the super food blueberries, even better. So here are the ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups pasteurized egg whites
- Handful of spinach
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or coconut oil or any buffbake product)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 drops vanilla stevia (for taste)
- 3 Ice cubes
Sounds nasty right? Its not. Don't knock it till you try it. And once you feel how it makes you feel, it will be a staple in your morning routine.
Next we need to talk about supplements.
Digestion and gut health are extremely important. Having a healthy happy gut biome has been proven to have a direct effect on your overall health and even mood. So starting your day out by aiding this in any way we can is key. We are already making sure we are getting optimal fiber with our spinach and oats, so what is left is:
- Probiotic ( I use Nutrition Essentials) Supports healthy digestive balance, helps replenish healthy bacteria, promotes immune system health.
- Digestive Enzymes (I use Now Foods Super Enzymes) Help with the digestion of all foods especially fats.
- Mulitivitamin (I use Active Mens) Ensures you get all your daily vitamins and minerals for optimal body functions.
Thats it. It takes me about 5 mins to make and I drink it on my way to work. Plus its way cheaper than your number 4 from the mcdonalds breakfast menu! Its time to step up the way you start your day!
If you found this post helpful let me hear your feedback, share it with your friends, and make sure you are subscribed to the email list so you don't miss any future posts from me!